I am getting lot of emails about ESRI web API concepts/basics and how to use them, how it differs from other API’s comparisons etc… Many students asking me for training materials and tutorials/getting started materials. I always suggest to go through ESRI virtual campus class. Here is list of FREE training course videos list with short description.
1. Getting started with ArcObjects – This is one of basic Arcobjects training material by Rob Burke.
2. Getting Started with GIS (for ArcGIS 10) – What is GIS, how it is used, view data on the map etc using ArcMap and tools. This is 9 hour course which is useful for the students/trainer and those who begin their career with GIS using ESRI products
3. GIS for Managers . This is interesting one for managers and executives to know about GIS and its capabilities. What is GIS, how it helps in real-world scenario, what are productivity benefits etc. Basic introduction and concepts helpful to know managers/associates who deals with GIS for first time.
4. Introduction to ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight – The ArcGIS Viewer for Silverlight is a ready-to-deploy, configurable client application . Recent days most of the people started using the viewer product. This is FREE.It is an ideal solution for novice users who want to create web mapping applications. This is ideal for quick demo to for the customer with rich set of tools.
5. Introduction to the ArcGIS Viewer for Flex . This ArcGIS viewer in flex platform. It is Esri’s solution to easily and quickly create customized GIS-enabled Web mapping applications—without requiring programming. Flex platform really growing strong. The rich user interface helps to build fantastic user experience. This is also ideal for quick demo for the customers.
6. Getting Started with ArcGIS API for Microsoft Silverlight/WPF . This is right place to getting started with sliverlight API. You can also go through Web API helps and samples. This is useful for developers.
7.Building Rich Internet Applications with ArcGIS API for Flex . This is right place for getting started with Flex API. The seminar is designed for Web developers who would like to create rich, interactive applications using ArcGIS Server services and the ArcGIS API for Flex.
8. Embedding ArcGIS into SharePoint . These share point creates a lot of interests. There is huge potential and demand for GIS based share point portal application. This course is for SharePoint users who are interested in providing map-based visualization in a collaborative environment.
8. Introduction to ArcGIS for Developers This seminar provides an overview of the developer resources and opportunities available through the ESRI Developer Network. This seminar is suited for those interested in developer opportunities using ArcGIS.
9.Developing Add-ins for ArcGIS Desktop 10 The ArcGIS Desktop 10 add-in model provides you with a method to easily extend the ArcGIS Desktop user interface and application capabilities. This is helpful to develop a custom tool on top of the ArcGIS (ArcMap). Useful to GIS analysts, professionals, and developers who want to learn how to create or share ArcGIS Desktop add-ins.
10. Basics of Geographic Coordinate Systems (for ArcGIS 10). Most asked tutorial from everyone. Understanding the basics of coordinate system. This seminar talks about only geographic coordinate system, still useful to learn the basics.
ESRI TechnicalCertification samples
Please write me for any questions/clarifications. Hope this helps lot.