Good to see the ESRI ArcGIS Server Flex 1.3 release. This release has update of nice features. Especially JSON conversion and styles for infowindow certainly helps a lot.
- The Short Summary:
- Support for Flex SDK 3.4. The older 3.0 thru 3.3 are still supported.
- More styling options for InfoContainer (used by InfoWindow and InfoSymbol).
- Well-known ID 102100 (WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere) is now a supported projection for Web Mercator-based overlays (including Bing Maps). It is also used in WebMercatorUtil for projecting coordinates between geographic and Web Mercator.
- Miscellaneous API improvements and bug fixes.
- The parameters when creating a PictureFillSymbol have changed.
- Outline is now the default property of the PictureFillSymbol.
- The MapImage property on the GeoprocessorEvent has been removed since it was never used.
- The Extent.intersects() method now accepts any geometry as argument (not just another extent).
- The TRUE_SHAPE_WITH_MEASURE constant on the NAOutputLine has been removed since it is not supported on the server.
- For line symbols, non-solid styles are now faster than before (though solid lines are still faster than non-solid).
- It’s now possible to pan and use rubberband zoom even while draw toolbar is active.
- The Web Mercator WKID has changed from 102113 (WGS_1984_Web_Mercator) to 102100 “WGS_1984_Web_Mercator_Auxiliary_Sphere” for VETiledLayer and WebMercatorUtil.
- New event class:
- InfoPlacementEvent to help with the placement of InfoWindow and InfoSymbols.
- New methods:
- New properties:
- New styles:
- borderAlpha, borderColor, borderThickness, infoPlacementMode, shadowAlpha, shadowAngle, shadowColor and shadowDistance on InfoContainer.
- New and updated samples:
- Select and zoom – shows how to zoom to a feature and makes sure the whole feature is inside the map extent.
- Creating a WMS Layer – shows how to extend the DynamicMapServiceLayer to support a WMS Map Service.
- Accessing Custom Tiles – shows how to extend the TiledMapServiceLayer to support tiles created using 9.2 ArcGIS Server (which has no REST support).
- Create a Surface Profile using execute() for this synchronous Geoprocessor task.
- Show map extent and current mouse coordinates.
- Use unique value renderers to render drivetime polygons based on an attribute.
- Create equal interval class break renderers.
- Bug fixes:
- RouteTask now sends correct accumulateAttributes, impedanceAttribute, restrictionAttributes and directionsTimeAttribute values.
- ArcIMSLayer no longer throws runtime errors for non-existing services.
- GraphicUtil.getGraphicsExtent() no longer updates the extent of the first graphic with the outputExtent. <!–
- CR124,639GPFeatureRecordSetLayer now always handles MapImage responses correctly.
- PictureMarkerSymbol now resizes correctly even if width and/or height is set before setting the source.
Generally all versions of ArcGIS API for Flex will work with any version of ArcGIS Server 9.3 and above. However, for certain functionality you need to use specific versions. For example, for routing, use ArcGIS API for Flex 1.2 (or later) and ArcGIS Server 9.3.1 (or later). See the API Reference for more details.