Here is step by step walk through for Developing Web Application without using ESRI templates using .NET ADF and Microsoft AJax.
- Install ArcGIS Server Web ADF in your development machine.
- Assuming Visual Studio 2005 Installed along with Ajax Extension (ASPAJAXExtSetup). This AjaxExtension contains controls like ‘Timer’, ‘Update Panel’ , ‘Pointer’, ‘Script Manager’, ‘Script Manager Proxy’ , ‘ Update Progress’
- Right Click Project in Solution Explorer and Set ‘Add ArcGIS Identity..’ if GIS Server is different from development machine.
- Drag and drop –> Map Resource Manager , Map, TOC controls into Default.aspx Page
- Set Properties to MapResourceManager. i.e Add GIS Server, Data etc. You should be added as AGSUSer in GIS Server by the adminstrator.
- Right Click Map and Set MapResourceManager to ‘MapResourceManager1’
- Right Click TOC control and set Buddy Control to ‘Map1’
- In Web Config Set Debug Option to True
- Build the site and run the application. You can see Map Service and TOC in the web Browser.
You have successfully developed first sample on your own.